View Single Post
Old 01-21-11, 07:11 PM   #34
Rollo

Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Why don't you go ahead and IP resolve me

I have spoken with a couple of different techs over at EVGA while trying to fix this issue and I have spent a fair amount of additional money ensuring that all other items in my setup were resolved, including clean power delivery to my system. The tech himself said he has heard of multiple issues with different cards with coil whine and went through the standard steps to trouble-shoot with me.

At this point I am probably just going to go ahead and step-up to the 580 SC as I haven't heard many horror stories there, but MY point is, this is not a basic issue. It is a little more than that. Considering that 2 separate cards have exhibited the exact same issue in my system and the exact same whine can be heard in videos and sound clips online from many users, I would say it is far from anecdotal evidence.

BTW, the 8800 failure-rate was indeed high. Go ask any OEM's who were working on resolving returns. Also check with them about Nvidia IGP's (look up baking cards).

I love the PERFORMANCE of the card and I do enjoy Physx and other items. It is definitely superior to most other cards on the market and great value, but please don't insult my intelligence by insinuating that I don't have a "life" and I am making stuff up, like the others you accuse (guilty by association).

Fwiw, the noise only occurs under load (which is why most people would not hear it, as they are gaming or whatever), and it is not very loud but, it is incredibly high-pitched and annoying as hell.
I wasn't trying to say anything about you at all.

I was saying that the guy who created more than 10 nZone accounts, and then did the same thing on other web sites, so he could post "I have this problem with my NVIDIA card" and then reply to himself pretending to be 10+ other people had no life.

In any case, if most people don't hear it, it wouldn't matter to me.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote