View Single Post
Old 01-23-11, 12:37 PM   #76
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Sazar:

1. You totally misunderstood my posts that you said were condescending. You thought I was somehow referring to you when I told a true story about a single guy who put 50-60 posts up under different accounts about 8800GTs in an attempt to make it look like a lot of people were having issues with them. You apparently don't understand that a handful of guys reporting the noisey capacitor issue is anecdotal evidence in the scope of the number of 570s sold. You can't say that every 570 has noisey capacitors because you don't know and I can say there are people who make false posts about problems with NVIDIA programs because I do know.
You posted in response to my post and put in your random information. Obviously since it was in reference to my post and my issue, your post could be considered a direct response but hey, I'm just using common sense here.

Also, I never implied that the capacitor whine issue is widespread, just that I have experienced it with 2 separate cards from EVGA (the Super-Clocked cards) and I have seen the same issue reported relatively widely online, with audio and video clips.

Quote:
2. Over the last 6 years, I have had dozens of people tell me how they think I should do the Focus Group thing. You know what they say about unasked for advice? Applies here. I could care less what you or anyone else thinks about how I should go about Focus Group. NVIDIA doesn't tell me how to post, you won't either. How I post is no one's business but my own. If you don't like it, don't read it.
I honestly don't care what you do or how you do it. All I am saying is, the way you interact with people is a terrible representation for Nvidia. Whether you are employed by them or not is completely moot and I think we all know you are not employed by Nvidia. However, regardless of the disclaimer in your signature, you are representing them in one capacity or another and thats just the way it is.

Considering the rather widespread and unified view on your status as a troll and the fact that you have been banned or admonished here and, I believe, other boards, it speaks volumes.

Quote:
EDIT: If you think you can do the Focus Group "representation" better, pitch your case to NVIDIA for membership and show me how it's done. I'll still ignore your advice, but at least you'll have the satisfaction of knowing it's being done the way you like it.
I don't care about the Focus group honestly. The only person other than you who was involved was ChrisRay, and he was an fantastic guy who actually cared about the community.

Quote:
The day I stop posting what I think and start trying to act like a NVIDIA employee is the day I am a shill and a corporate mouthpiece. I'm a computer gamer. I posted like this before NVIDIA asked me to join Focus Group, I've posted like this during my Focus Group time, and if I'm ever not in the Focus Group I'll post the same way. NVIDIA disapproves with as much of what I say as they approve, but apparently realize I'm not their employee. (unlike you)
A couple of things. First off, you already act like a corporate mouthpiece and a shill. One need only look at the threads you start and where the information is coming from to come to that conclusion. You have definitely been posting almost the same way since the beginning but I think the banning and a couple of other things have led to you toning it down. You're not quite as big of a tool as you used to be, so kudos.

Secondly, and I think we have all repeated this ad-nauseum, we KNOW you are not an Nvidia employee. BUT... on THIS board, in the capacity you represent yourself in and have done so, you are representing them, at least in our eyes

Fair or not, it is what it is.

I think most of us came to this and other boards to participate. I know I first came here looking for information and helping people out however I could. I don't help as much as I did when I first joined but I try in my own way, and I am happy with that.

You can keep doing what you do, being a rebel and all that jazz. I frankly don't care about YOU. This has never ever been about YOU. It is about Nvidia, at least in my book, and your representation of NVIDIA.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote