View Single Post
Old 11-25-03, 04:12 PM   #7
Malfunction

Quote:
Originally posted by Hanners
That's very nice and all, but PCMark04 isn't a gaming benchmark.

If you can't run this kind of benchmark at the levels you're overclocking at, it suggest that your system isn't stable enough at those speeds to run truly system intensive applications - Gaming may be fine, but try running something like Folding@Home or DivX encoding for several hours and you'll most likely have problems.
Great, however I ran Photoshop, BF1942, MGP2, 3DMark03 Looping Nature Demo while at 3.6Ghz for 30min. Since I am never playing more than one game at one time, let alone benching anything while I am gaming... your telling me that PCMark04 is here to show me if in the "Future" if I can use Folding@Home or do DivX Encoding only?

Pffft... ok, sure..

Peace,

*EDIT -
Quote:
PC Performance Analysis

PCMark™04 is the latest version of the popular PCMark series. PCMark04 is an application-based benchmark and a premium tool for measuring overall PC performance. It uses portions of real applications instead of including very large applications or using specifically created code. This allows PCMark04 to be a smaller installation as well as to report very accurate results. As far as possible, PCMark04 uses public domain applications whose source code can be freely examined by any user.
What if I use more than just a portion of a program, does that mean the results are hardly realistic?

Last edited by Malfunction; 11-25-03 at 04:21 PM.
Malfunction is offline   Reply With Quote