Re: VDPAU hangs/freezes even with 256.52
Same here.. with Nvidia 8800GT
I tried pretty much everything I could, but still getting xorg freezes and errors in the logs.
It is so annoying that no one was able to fix very well known issue since probably 2008.
If NVIDIA keeps its specs closed - fair enough, but please do fix the bloody bugs.
Things I tried:
* Different kernel versions - starting from 2.6.30 to 2.6.37
* Different Xorg server versions - starting from 1.8.0 to 1.9.3 (freezes are less frequent with 1.8.x)
* Various NVIDIA driver versions
* Flashed my mainboard's bios to the newest one
* Tried various options in BIOS which might be related to video card / memory management
* Tried various different options in xorg.conf (suggestions from million other forums)
* Tried various different kernel options (same - as suggested by other people to address this issue)
* Broke a couple of keyboards
And guess what? - NOTHING HELPED!!!
I am still experiencing xorg freezes and errors.
I have always been a big fan of NVIDIA, but unfortunately I can only see one solution - spend some money on AMD video card or similar.