View Single Post
Old 01-31-11, 01:00 AM   #8
Technoholic

Send a message via MSN to Technoholic
Default Re: Microsoft MN-700

Yeah, it's only set to Wireless G. And this router has the channel set up manually, it does not have any automatic settings. While at my home in PA, we have D-Link routers and wireless switch or whatever (we have a lot of those hooked up and at full speed without any problem).

In the D-Link wireless settings, there IS channel settings on automatic. We have it set on manually. Someone and something was used that caused interference with our MN700 wireless router, it stopped working or limited access wireless for about 20 minutes then it works okay. I know in the newer wireless routers, it will work better and have that channel settings changing on automatic.

There are two wireless routers I'm not sure which to pick. The price does not play a factor. It has to be D-Link wireless routers, recommended by Sorenson (the video phones). We will only have 2x PS3 and 2x video phones hooked up by wireless.

D-Link DIR-655
D-Link DIR-628

Sorenson recommended DIR-615 and DIR-628 and above if you suggest other routers.

Thanks for your help, peepz.
-- EVGA 280GTX | SAMSUNG 225BW | X-FI XTREMEGAMER FPS | Z-5300e | Z-2300 | 250GB SEAGATE | RAZER LACHESIS
-- 320GB WESTERNDIGITAL | TAGAN 700W | G15 rev. 2 | NINE HUNDRED | VISTA HOME PREMIUM
-- no longer own this system

[MY LAPTOP]
-- MAC BOOK PRO 13" | DUAL BOOT WITH WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | 2.3GHz i5 | 4GB DDR3 |
-- OSX LION | 320GB HDD
-- Stolen :^(

[STUFF]
-- PSN: lqfocus06
-- AEKDB
Technoholic is offline   Reply With Quote