View Single Post
Old 01-31-11, 10:56 AM   #52
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: I know what phone i want ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Doc, I personally don't think anything can put it to iPhone or other top phone quality gps. I blame the gps chip, not software. Devs have gotten it better but I doubt it will be at the high quality we have come to expect of a top tier device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Is the captivate not a "top tier device"? A firware update won't fix that problem? I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just trying to see what kind of decision I'm going to make about this captivate. I don't use my gps right now, but when me and the fam go on trips, I have to find a house of a customer (side job), etc...I want to be able to depend on my gps. It's not a big deal for me now, but I can see where it will be later on.

Other than this little issue, I am happy with going from the iPhone to the Captivate.
Captivate is "top tier device" with issues. I had Captivate for few days after I seen how bad the GPS is I sold it to the next person.

Magus is right, I don't think anything will be able to fix the GPS, to be on the same quality level of other devices. They tried software updates, there is software tweaks that slightly improve it, but still lacks behind my 2 year old Fuze.

my fuze with google maps would show me right on the HW, but captivate would be jumping all over the place, sometimes It would show me on the HW, sometimes it would show my location 400 feet in a field.
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote