View Single Post
Old 01-31-11, 10:34 AM   #51
tinmrn

Default Re: Bug Report: Hard crash (freeze) with nVidia GTX 460

Hello guys,
I'm also having the (exact) same problem. I'm using a 450 GTS on 2.6.36-ARCH x86_64 i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz.

From what I've read in all the posts in this thread, the common theme seems to be 64-bit OS+drivers?

My system randomly locks up and can't use X or ssh into the machine. The time before last booting my mouse moved around very slowly and jittery. But the biggest problem is the lockups. For me they occur when I (not everytime):
- start firefox
- play a youtube
- run a console command that generates lots of output
- start minecraft (this one seems to be freezing it every single time now, and it also causes some of the in-game sprites to be spread all across the screen - also across other windows)

I consider myself a more advanced than novice linux user, so perhaps I'll try the kernel debug thing. Don't have a lot of time though.

What I'll also try when I get home is disabling all power management features I can find, as this has helped me with other weird lockup stuff (on a different machine - unrelated).

Hope we can tackle this one, as I am very ready to start enjoying this new system
tinmrn is offline   Reply With Quote