View Single Post
Old 01-31-11, 12:44 PM   #32
voegel

Default Re: NVRM: os_schedule: Attempted to yield the CPU while in atomic[...] [260.19.21 x86

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyvind View Post
If you read a bit more carefully, you'll see that it's the "Sync to vblank" option in Compiz-settings that I'm talking about (ccsm), not the "opengl vblank sync" option in nvidia-settings.
I have completely understood that point. But as I mentioned, I cannot control this feature in mythtv as of version 0.24 any more. This option has been removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyvind View Post
Anyway, after disabling vblank-sync in Compiz, everything has been stable, including games and suspend/resume. I still get oodles of "os_raise_smp_barrier()" in the kernel log though, and that isn't exactly pretty. I'm running everything with "__GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK" env var set, so OpenGL-apps sync good enough (though Compiz is not 100% tear free). This variable should be same setting that is present in nvidia-settings.
In my case I just have the "NVRM: os_schedule: Attempted to yield the CPU while in atomic[...]" error message. The "os_raise_smp_barrier()" problem, I don't experience.
voegel is offline   Reply With Quote