View Single Post
Old 02-01-11, 10:00 AM   #22
mh9

Default Re: No hdmi video on Asus AT3N7A-I with versions newer than 195.36.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandipt View Post
1) You are not getting hdmi display on Samsung HL-S6187 DLP TV when startx with drivers newer than 195.36.3 for all three cables with same motherboard AT3N7A-I.
Correct.
Quote:
2) For another monitor hdmi display working but you are not getting resolution 1360x768 for all three cables with same motherboard AT3N7A-I.
Correct. I can only get 1360x768 when using a vga cable, but I am not worried about this. The only reason we brought this second display into the mix was to verify the issue wasn't chipset related.
Quote:
Now we concentrate on First issue only, that is not getting hdmi display on Samsung HL-S6187 DLP TV
Correct. And from all my testing, it appears to me, something in the driver changed immediately after 195.36.31. The next version of the driver (can't recall the number right now, but I did test it) or anything newer thinks it is working and the Xorg logs are effectively identical but the TV gives a "weak or no signal" message.

Another note that might be important. Usually, I can shutdown X, install a driver, start X and the display comes up. However, after installing one of these new drivers, start X, no display, stop X, install 195.36.31 driver, start X...doesn't work. Must completely reboot machine before X will work again.

Thanks,
Mh9
mh9 is offline   Reply With Quote