View Single Post
Old 02-01-11, 10:52 AM   #1048
sammy sung

Default Re: Official World of Warcraft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
You think this attitude is any different from the "brownnosing elitist assholes" (whatever that is supposed to mean)? Just because you take the polar opposite point of view doesn't make it any less obnoxious. Most WoW players either play solo or with their friends. Many of them are perfectly civil and will be receptive to requests for help, grouping for dungeons, etc. All of the complaints you have made about the game stem from your own attitude and unwillingness to try to get along with other people.

Almost NO good guilds have a large group of members that act high-and-mighty or better than other people. Players you encounter who belittle you or act rudely for no reason are usually pretty awful themselves and should simply be ignored. The vast majority of the time they are simply trolls - same thing, ignore them. Unless you play on a very low population server, you just aren't trying at all to meet like-minded people to enjoy the game with.

If you're just burned out on the game or don't enjoy it anymore, just cancel your subscription and stop playing. No reason to whine about the community and make broad generalizations when you're talking about a very specific and vocal minority of players.

Try asking a question in a public channel and see what you get , read blizzards forum and deal with the selfappointed mini GM's that kiss blizzards ass every chance they get or play battlegrounds use the dungeon tool etc.A lot of people are elitist assholes in this game,you must play a different game or have half of your server on ignore to miss that fact.

Ignoring people helps to a certain extent but it doesn't affect what they are.If you play in a descent guild and have fun, good for you but as you seem to play this game more than the average (your post about playing level 85 heroics 3 days after the cata expansion release is a perfect example of that) your experiences will be different than mine.I have fun aswell but for different reasons, for me it's the company i keep while playing and not the game itself.How many times have you had to leave the trade channel because of the ANAL jokes for instance ? You can't ignore them all, it might be different on a US/aus server perhaps.

Other than that let's agree to disagree, k ?