View Single Post
Old 02-03-11, 12:37 PM   #2999
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Default Re: Official Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Thanks for the explanation re: sky textures Steve... I guess if REX/FEX implemented such a system it would complicate the end user choice somewhat; it's far easier having a single, global choice.... though I must be a minority, in wanting as much control over as many aspects as possible; I just love to fiddle & I want sliders on your GUI OK

I'll give your enb+palette a whirl, as your pics look very tasty... I've played around a bit with the palettes, but not come up with anything I'm really satisfied with, as yet… I modded Tim Fuchs cool palette, to make it slightly less blue, and also tried making a warmer one, but that looked too yellow… getting a good balance is very delicate.

Now what would be good is to add a GUI to the enbseries mod, with the ability to save and load profiles... I've got a folder with sub folders full of settings files, and it's a right pain changing them over.

I'm fitting a Geforce 560ti for someone at the weekend, he currently has a 8800GT 1GB, coupled to a i7920 oc'ed to 3.6ghz, so it will be interesting to see how much difference it makes to FSX... I suspect, in his case, not that much, as he insists on running traffic and AI at max, which takes a massive CPU hit, so there is going to be less gain to be had from the new GPU... I could be wrong though.
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote