Thread: gtx590 release?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-11, 12:30 PM   #44
Rollo
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,719
Default Re: gtx590 release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpistol View Post
That's what I would guess too. Still, it's going to be very powerful, even with ONLY 1.5GB VRAM per GPU.
It should be noted that it is rumored to be 1.5GB per GPU and that:

A. No single monitor has use of more than 1.5GB of VRAM
B. Even 99.99% of 3 monitors sets don't need more than 1.5GB VRAM

http://hardocp.com/article/2011/01/1...0_sli_review/1

At 5760X12, the GTX580 SLi with 1.5GB of VRAM was fastest at four of the five games tested, and the only difference at the one game it lost was 4X AA vs 8X AA.

So, with the GTX590 vs Antilles question it may come to "Do you want the card that wins 80% of the time andmakes you turn down AA on the other 20%, or do you want the card that loses 80% of the time and you get 8X AA instead of 4X the other 20%?
__________________
Rig1:
intel 990X + 2 X EVGA 3GB GTX580 + 3 X Acer GD235Hz
3D Vision Surround

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote