View Single Post
Old 02-05-11, 07:00 AM   #34
oyvind

Default Re: NVRM: os_schedule: Attempted to yield the CPU while in atomic[...] [260.19.21 x86

Quote:
Originally Posted by voegel View Post
I seem to have found the issue. Unfortunately it only seems as if the graphics card driver is the problem. It looks as if it is "x11vnc" in combination with xserver 1.9.0.

There is a thread to solve the problem here: http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/sh...1612704&page=3

The reason why it looks like an Nvidia problem is, because the is no crash report. And the "NVRM: os_schedule: Attempted to yield the CPU while in atomic[...]" message is always printed after a start of the Xserver. And since it ends up in login screen - X11 doesn't get startet then any more - it is the last entry in the log.

To make it final I will test this now. But it looks good so far.
I think it's a more general nvidia driver problem which is triggered by different things. I get this error a lot on my Dell laptop with the newer drivers, but I don't use any VNC server. I remember though that nvidia did fix a bug related to screen grabbing and Compiz, which is a difference between 195.X and newer drivers (don't remember exactly in which version this was fixed, i.e. Compiz would grind to a halt when using VNC to access desktop).
oyvind is offline   Reply With Quote