View Single Post
Old 02-06-11, 11:59 AM   #36
|MaguS|

Default Re: Xbox 360 Vs. PS3: Graphics RAM battle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
As ninja said above, the specs you posted are way off. CPU doesn't really matter that much unless what you have is grossly underpowered. 360 and PS3 are pretty close, with the 360 making up for its lower compute power by being easier to work with.

I finished both of those games and I don't see how they look better than Gears of War 2. In some areas they look better, others worse. They do both have better art direction IMO, but that has nothing to do with the hardware being used and everything to do with the developers.

While you're talking about resolution, maybe you should take a look at this database:
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

Alan Wake does run below 720p, but it uses 4xAA. Obviously the developers thought this looked better than 720p with no AA and by all means they could be right. I personally haven't played the game. Anyhow there are a large number of games on both consoles that render below 720p. More multiplatform games run at higher res/IQ settings on the 360. Say what you will, but I think that's pretty clear cut.

What's more any multiplatform game that uses awful Quincunx AA on PS3 looks horrible compared to it's 360 counterpart. Just look at Assassins Creed 1 and 2 as well as Red Dead Redemption for examples of this.
And yet God of War 3 runs at 720p with 16xMLAA.