View Single Post
Old 02-06-11, 05:55 PM   #14
grey_1

Default Re: You want to know why I buy AMD CPUs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpistol View Post
Actually I just wanted to point out the prices of those products. It wasn't meant as an attack on anyone, especially the new SB i5/i7 CPU's. If I was building a system right now, I would be buying a 2500k. Why not? It's a fantastic CPU!

If people want to make comments bashing AMD, I'm willing to defend my purchase from over a year ago.

And I know the 6gb ports aren't affected, but in stock form, there's only 2 of them. I have 2 HDD's and an SSD, so that presents a problem for a lot of enthusiasts. I'm glad Intel is fixing the problem, but I wish it hadn't happened in the first place.

Mods can close this thread if they like. I never meant it as flamebaiting or whatever. I was simply pointing out the prices on newegg.
It isn't flamebaiting at all. My 955BE may not be near the performer an over clocked i7 is, but it handles my gaming just fine, especially when the pennies on the dollar I paid for my system is taken into account.

My next upgrade will almost certainly be intel, but I can't complain at all about the bang for the buck I've gotten from AMD.