View Single Post
Old 02-10-11, 01:54 AM   #16
Muppet

Default Re: 570 GTX SLI Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpistol View Post
That's why I think it's fine that you got dual GTX 570's. For some reason, AMD's drivers are not very good for the HD 6 series. It's especially bad for some CrossfireX users at the moment. I hope they get their act together soon. Ever since I got my 5870, I've seen a 10-15% increase in performance over time as their drivers have gotten better. For example, when I got Dirt 2, I could run the game @ 1920x1200, 4xAA, ultra settings and I got an average of 50 FPS on virtually every track. Now, I can run 1920x1200, 8xAA, and ultra settings, and I can set the game to Vsync because the framerate will stay pegged @ 60 FPS. It is a phenomenal experience now that they've gotten their drivers fully optimized.

I just hope they're able to pull the same miracle with their newer cards, too. Regardless of what people say about AMD's drivers, they suck... until they get it right. When they get it right, boy do they get it right. On the good drivers, I've had far less problems than I did with either my 8800 GTX or 9800 GTX+ in both XP and W7. While Nvidia's drivers would crash/blue screen once a day, AMD's drivers have NEVER cause a BSOD on either XP or W7 since I've used them.

AMD knows how to write drivers. It's those few bad ones that makes people hate them. Of course, Nvidia isn't perfect either (like the original Far Cry on a Geforce FX card, or Nvidia's 196.75 driver that killed cards by bugging the fan controller profile) It truly is luck of the draw.
I agree. As I have posted i thought the 263.09 Nvidia drivers were buggy. I also didn't like there performance that much. I had multiple "drive has stopped responding and recovered" I haven't had one of those in years before that. It used to be very common.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote