View Single Post
Old 02-12-11, 12:52 PM   #10
Rollo

Default Re: 3D Vision kit ordered

Dead Space turns out to be a good example of the nature of this tech.

It's not listed at all on the 3d Vision Surround compatible list, yet I just downloaded it straight from EA and switched it to 5760X1080 @ 120Hz in the Visual options.

It says it's "Fair" due to 3d placement issues in the 3d Drivers, but other than a little ghosting around the two characters standing in front of the window with the sun behind it on the way in, it seemed pretty flawless to me. (granted I've only played to where you run in the lab, so I'll report more later)
Note: this is often the case with the ghosting on non 3d Vision enhanced games- you notice it most on dark objects silhouetted against bright backgrounds. You can reduce this by lowering the amount of depth.

And that's the way it goes with this stuff- sometimes the stuff you wouldn't think is supported ends up working pretty well. Sometimes it won't work at all. Always a bonus to come up with a new one.

This game isn't listed as Eyefinity compatible either, but I bet it is.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote