View Single Post
Old 02-15-11, 12:30 PM   #67
AthlonXP1800

Default Re: I know what phone i want ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
after samsung GPS fiasco, and their rom/software update bull****, I won't be buying their phones for a while. not the type of support you would expect.

and about picture quality

1) more MP DOES NOT EQUAL BETTER IMAGES
2) if you want BETTER QUALITY PICTURES, BUY A REAL CAMERA!

megapixel myth
http://www.google.com/search?q=megap...x=&startPage=1
Yeah I knew about Samsung GPS fiasco. I read about Samsung software update issues today, the problem are down to network operators where customers got the phones on contracts were frustrated with lack of updates for nearly a year but customers who bought unlocked unbranded sim free got software update directed from Samsung every few months and very happy with it and told they will buy Samsung again. Network operators customers told they will never buy Samsung phones again but unfortunately they were clueless.

Same thing happened to my sister and nephews who bought Sony phones on contracts from Orange and T-Mobile few years ago had issues with software on Sony phones but they cant get firmware updates from Sony, it is up to Orange and T-Mobile to provide the updates but they are really terrible at software support, they always had older software updates while Sony had the latest new software updates. I told them it not Sony fault, it the network operators faults. I never had problem with my sim free old Sony S700i gave to my parents and my current C905 phone. So my sister never listened to me and told she HATED Sony what they done and switched to Samsung Pixon12 cos her mates and nephews told her that Samsung is 2nd largest mobile phone manufacturer and offer better software support. So it not Samsung and Sony fault, it all down to network operators faults.

1) more MP DOES NOT EQUAL BETTER IMAGES

Why does some people like you saying more MP size does not equal better images?

So why did people prefered 5MP images on iphone 4 vs dreadful 1.3MP on itouch 4? Because once they zoomed on 1.3MP images to see more details but it all squares of pixels so more MP give more details to see when zoomed in or want to print out a giant photo or A3 poster.

2) if you want BETTER QUALITY PICTURES, BUY A REAL CAMERA!

Not true, guess you hadnt read past reviews of Motorola Droid X and others android phones with 8MP camera, they gave 14MP high end real cameras a run of money in picture and video camera quality.
Intel Core i7 3770K, Corsair H80 liquid cooler with Noctua S12-1200 fan, ASUS P8Z77V with UEFI 2104, 16GB Samsung Green 30nm DDR3-RAM, Pioneer BDR-S09XLT 16x Blu-ray writer, Corsair AX850 PSU, Western Digital 2TB SATA3 hard drive, CanonScan LiDE 210 scanner, Microsoft Internet Keyboard, Microsoft Touch Explorer mouse, 32inch Sharp LC32LE600 LED TV, EVGA Geforce GTX 670 SC 4GB with Geforce 370.50 driver, 50Mb broadband Virgin Media VMDG480 Super Hub, Aspire Xplorer Midi Tower, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit.
AthlonXP1800 is offline   Reply With Quote