View Single Post
Old 02-21-11, 03:54 PM   #5
CybrSage

Default Re: Dedicated Home Theater Room

4 inch recessed ceiling lights...and the larger ones on the walls are outlets. They are mostly there to remind me I have to put in both lighting and outlets. Their exact location will be determined after the wall framing is done.

The rear seats are going to be about 11 inches higher than the front seats, to allow people to see over the heads of those in front. It will be a little tight, as the ceiling is only about 7.5 feet high once drywalled.

I will be doing two laters of dryall, staggered so the seams are not at the same place. This will be connected to clip and hat channels to decouple the drywall from the wall studs. The walls themselves (and ceiling), will be decoupled from the ceiling by angled sound reduction brackets. All joints will then be sealed with an acoustic absortion sealant.

I will use bass traps in the rear room corners and turn the rear seat riser in a large bass trap. I will use absorptive materials on the walls to prevent first point reflections from the mid to highs as well.

The room will be a Steelers themed room. This is my wife's only demand, which allowed me to get a green light.

It is going to be fun, but only since I have a friend who does commercial construction work and another who is a welder / boiler tech. Right now, the entire basement is just one big open area.