View Single Post
Old 02-22-11, 09:06 PM   #9
CybrSage

Default Re: Dedicated Home Theater Room

The build has now moved to the "buy stuff" stage. Once I get everything and actually start building, I will put up a new thread with lots of pics.

I have already moved my computer desk under the stairs, temporarily stringing power and ethernet over the ducting and into the space (so it does not lay on the floor), and it fits perfectly. A great use of the space. I face the steps, meaning they angle upwards towards me. The desk fits nicely under the smaller area. The area above my head while I am sitting is low, but while sitting I do not need the height at all. When I roll my chair back to stand up, I have a full height ceiling. It is a beautiful use of an awkward space.

I have already ordered my stuff from The Sound Proofing Compay. You DO save a lot when you call and talk to them. I gave them the info from here, and did a lot of study first.

Due to costs, I am going to do a room inside a room, whisper clip the ceiling, double drywall ceiling and walls using 1 tube of Green Glue per sheet, insulate everything, IB3 seperation for the walls from the ceiling, acoustic cauking for the joints, and puddy the outlets. 1 tube of GG provides 70% of the goodness of 2 tubes, while being only 50% of the cost. Had I more, I would have gone with 2 tubes...but cuts have to be made somewhere and 70% effectiveness is actually quite good.

My friend has the bed removed from his truck right now, finding his fuel line leak. Once it is back on, it is wood and drywall time.

I will definately do a running post of the build in this thread.