Thread: 6970 or 560....
View Single Post
Old 02-23-11, 04:13 PM   #30
Bman212121

Default Re: 6970 or 560....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roliath View Post
I can't enable my 2, 3, or 4th monitor right now without kicking my dell 3008 offline.
In Xfire, none of my displays on the second card are detected. This was the same in SLI and I needed a third gpu to power up the last two displays.
The second LCD (dell 2007fp) on my primary gpu, once enabled will make my 3008wfp go offline and I have to reboot to re-initialize.

Just got some food and will try and figure this out for the next hour before I go to work.
Quote:
Does AMD CrossFireX™ technology work with AMD Eyefinity Technology?

Yes, AMD CrossFireX™ technology is now compatible with AMD Eyefinity technology.

Note: Monitors connected in a Display Group must be connected to the same graphics card.
http://www.amd.com/us/products/techn...ages/faqs.aspx

It does say this at the bottom of the page though.

Quote:
AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort connectors, and/or DisplayPort compliant active adapters to convert your monitor's native input to your cards DisplayPort or Mini-DisplayPort connector(s), are required. AMD Eyefinity technology can support up to 6 displays using a single enabled AMD Radeon™ graphics card with Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating systems - the number of displays may vary by board design and you should confirm exact specifications with the applicable manufacturer before purchase. Systems using multiple AMD Radeon™ graphics cards can support a maximum of 8 displays (total across all cards in system) with a maximum 6 of those displays being used together in a display group (also known as a single large surface mode).
So it does sound like you might be able to use a display group on the first card with the 3 monitors and the Dell on the 2nd card. Betting that won't work in xfire mode however because when you enable xfire the display ports on the 2nd card are likely turned off. SLI did this up until just recently. So the Dell might show up in a configuration of xfire disabled, 3 2007wfp on the first card, and the 3007wfp on the 2nd card.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote