View Single Post
Old 02-24-11, 08:19 PM   #10
bones_was_here

Default Re: Xorg hangs with GTX580

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanjo View Post
Far to often I have found that those "troublesome" cards were displaying a symptom of a problem that laid elsewhere in the system (most commonly mb or power supply).
I've run out of components to replace - tried three mainboards, BIOS upgrades and endless fiddling with settings on each of those boards, three power supplies, swapping RAM, a friend's NVIDIA card, even tried giving the graphics card its own power supply. However, nothing changes - voltages are good, temps are good, and the system remains stable while the NVIDIA card hangs X. I can continuously recompile linux with make -j 12 for several days straight with no problems, no segfaults, nothing in dmesg - even with the CPU overclocked - yet X hangs if I alt+tab out of Nexuiz with a GTX275, and never with a 7600GT. Are X58 chipsets somehow incompatible with modern NVIDIA cards? I'm guessing from NVIDIA's lack of a response that they don't think it's their problem, but what else is left? It happens with any kernel, driver, or X server version.
bones_was_here is offline   Reply With Quote