Thread: Bulletstorm
View Single Post
Old 02-26-11, 09:25 PM   #55
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Bulletstorm

I LOL'D at that part too!

Seriously this is one of the finest examples of what can be done with the unreal engine as I've ever seen. The cityscapes are absolutely mind blowing. The scale of everything is so over the top awesome it's almost too much to comprehend. The whole giant mining wheel chase that is in the preview videos part was sick and the giant godzilla scene was quite possibly one of the most epic things I've ever witnessed.

This game is over the top fun. Plot isn't really anything to write home about, the general's dialog is like they took a wheel with all the curse words on it, gave it a spin and then filled in one of those ad lib books from back in the day with random curse words when writing his script.

But yeah aside from the fairly thin plot and comically bad dialog, this is easily one of the most entertaining action games I've played in a long time. The weapons, leash, kick, etc all feel very powerful like they are doing serious damage, the combo killing and skill kills are really cool and even after killing relatively the same enemies over and over, it never seems to get old. Whipping someone at you with the leash, kicking them, blowing their head off and then watching their body fly into a bunch of exposed rebar spikes never loses it's charm.

And I had a grin from ear to ear through the whole "remote control pet" sequence That was just too cool.

Also, I think that the game FEELS like a more polished gears of war game. same engine and all but the whole fighting, shooting and killing mechanics all feel very similar. The power behind the weapons firing and the way the character moves all feels very similar only a bit better in just about every way.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote