View Single Post
Old 03-02-11, 12:40 AM   #13
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: Crysis 2 only DX9 - DX11 will be "later"

Last time I bought a game from Crytek they put out a total of 3 patches I believe, and not exactly in these words, but they pretty much said "We no longer are supporting this ****ing game, buy Warhead." and then went and did the same thing to it. Now those on the Windows 7 X64 who wish to go back and play Crysis MP, are plagued with an instant crash with no fix.. Only fix is to reinstall the game and not install the patches, but then you can't find any servers...

The mere fact they aren't releasing with DX11 support is enough for me to not buy the game, no matter how much fun I've had in their demo.

EA seems to make a habit of this crap. I mean honestly I think all game developers are taking a huge crap on the pc side of things for these console kiddies. I mean for the love of god look at what Rebellion did to the Alien vs. Predator franchise. They completely ruined it with that pathetic excuse of a game they put out. What is worse is they not only put out an awesome looking game, but then didn't release mod tools so we could use the sweet engine to make a nice game out of their foul up. So I paid 50 bucks for my AVP when it came out, and all it is, is a freaking pretty engine. The gameplay is awful. I guess I am glad I didn't fall for the crappy maps they put out for 20 bucks a pop.

I am going to wait and see how DICE do with BF3, hopefully it will be a slap in the face to the console kiddies, and be like BF2... other then that. After reading this post. Crytek can forget me purchasing their crappy game.... I honestly thought they had got it right this time, but now to read this. I wouldn't give 20 bucks for their game.