Thread: iPad 2
View Single Post
Old 03-08-11, 10:33 PM   #80
Runningman

Default Re: iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakeesh View Post
One thing I have been thinking, is I regularly do IT work for a friend of mine who is a pediatrician who started his own private practice, and he asked me if there was anything that he could carry with him easily quickly google information to assist in making a diagnosis (no he doesn't use google to make the entire diagnoses - he is a professional who was at one point making 310k a year and was in charge of many other doctors - just google is a lot faster than pulling one of his books out and flipping through pages)

I told him he may consider getting a tablet but I also told him that don't know if it would be as fast as he is looking for. Because correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think touch typing on a tablet would be pretty clumsy compared to a laptop. I suggested he might consider getting one of those laptop tables that you can move around easy, though I'm not entirely sure if there is something about tablets that I'm overlooking.
Well, one thing he would have to consider is how close to cell coverage he would be and if that cell sight is 3g or better or just wifi
. also what your going to have to consider, if he has pateint information on there, your going to have to follow HIPPA rules regarding privacy, so another words, the device has to be encrypted and the connection back to other points have to be encrypted. Its really not a hard thing todo these days and not very expensive.

If your trying to sell him on getting the device, you might want to show him this little app that looks like it may make his day faster and easier..

http://ducknetweb.blogspot.com/2011/...ation-for.html

There are even apps that will allow him to look up test results before they are even sent to his office.
Runningman is offline   Reply With Quote