Bug-fix Release: 10.1
March 10th, 2011
While we are moving quickly to get new features into 11.0, the time has come for a maintenance release for Dharma. We recommend that all users update to 10.1 as soon as possible to increase stability.
The main focus of this release is to address a bug that could cause XBMC to freeze when updating a skin. We have held back skin updates from the main repository because of this, but now that it is fixed, they will begin rolling out in a few weeks.
This is intended as a bug-fix release only, no new features have been introduced. Notable fixes include:
* If an in-use skin was updated in Windows, XBMC would freeze
* Some RTMP streams in Windows did not play
* Included add-ons have been updated
* The correct referrer is now used for downloading add-ons, improving dependency statistics
* Crashes during playback on ATI hardware in some circumstances have been fixed
* Hardware decoding improvements for OSX
* Various small fixes
In addition, XBMC Live has been updated with the most recent packages, one of which includes a fix for the annoying SMB+Windows Live Essentials bug.