Quote:
Originally Posted by Rummy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN
I'm having technical problems starting my copy off Steam
After downloading and installing Crysis 2 I get the pop up message:
"Game is currently unavailable, please try back later"
and the game will not start.
Also, AVG is calling crysis2.exe a virus...... wth?

Very frustrating and annoying...
Disable the real time component of your antivirus (AVG).
Thank you Rumm...I found a "temporally disable AVG protection" feature in AVG's "advanced options" which shuts AVG down completely for 5, 10 or 15mins. The game starts normally with AVG off and is not effected when it comes back on during game play. It is a bit of a PITA to disable AVG every time I have to start the game but at least I can play.

The game itself seems fun, nope not the mind blowing graphics of Crysis but imo a decent FPS. I can only judge a game by if I want to keep pushing on and if I'm enjoying myself....So far, so good.
My system is in the siggy. 1920x1200, very high settings(I don't like the lighting in "extreme"), I have no performance issues, Crysis 2 runs very smooth. I tried the demo when I had an ATI HD5950 in this setup and it also ran well at the same settings.

Edit:
Easier fix: add crysis2.exe to the AVG "exceptions list" found under the "advanced options". No more need mess with the AV every time the game is started....
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX570 760/1950 | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote