View Single Post
Old 03-23-11, 08:17 AM   #54
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Official Crysis 2 Feedback Thread

I got home yesterday from work all excited to fire it up only to discover that steam never pre-loaded it.

so I sat there watching it download all night long.

Side note: I also got assassin's creed brotherhood just in case Crysis 2 makes baby jesus cry, I can fire up AC2 to blow the stench out of the room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpistol View Post
It's a console port. Sorry I'm not more excited than I am. They told us we were going to get an amazing game from them, and it's turned out to be less than stellar. As of right now, it seems like Crysis is still better graphics wise.

Blame EA. They pushed out an unfinished product as usual.
I have a sneaky suspicion that this is what is really to blame here. We all saw that bioware had high res textures waiting to go right after release and I wouldn't be surprised if we see a massive patch for PC for crysis 2 with all the stuff that crytek said that the PC's would get that we currently don't have.

The main difference between crysis 2 and DA2 is that DA2 is just a bad game period and the only thing people are really complaining about in masses about C2 is dumbed down graphics.

Also, i don't buy into the whole lack of DX10/11 thing as a valid argument. Crysis 1's DX10 rendering slowed the game down and didn't add any extra substance visually that DX9 couldn't do.

I would have liked to see tesselation with DX11 rendering but from what I've read, that has to be programmed in at the beginning of development so if we see that, I'm holding my breath that it's not some half assed casually slap it on at the last minute type thing.

Having only played the demo though, I am at the end of the day, pretty bummed out when I go back and look at the E3 and GDC cryengine 3 demo videos showing what it's capable of and then getting only a fraction of that beauty and eye candy from the company's flagship product for the new engine.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote