View Single Post
Old 10-03-02, 04:09 AM   #7
ctaggart

Default Redhat 8 XServer Not Working

I reinstalled Mandrake Linux 9.0 RC1 in order to get a copy of the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. This configuration works with Mandrake Linux (It is attached to this post.)

I then reinstalled Redhat Linux 8.0 and I compared that file to Redhat's /etc/X11/XF86Config file. (I already posted it in a previous reply.)

The main differences I could see when looking at the two files are that Mandrake doesn't load the modules: dri, fbdevhw, or record. Mandrake also uses the "fbdev" driver rather that the "nv" driver.

I tried making a lot of different change to the Redhat XF86Config file, but I would hang evertime. As a last resort, I even tried replacing it with Mandrake's XF86Config-4 file, but that didn't help either. (Should I have just removed the current XF86Config file and copied XF86Config-4 in from Mandrake.) I noticed Mandrake has both a XF86Config and a XF86Config-4. What is the relationship? Does XF86Config get read at all; my assumption was no.

Any help getting Redhat to work with my nVidia nForce would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt xf86config-4.txt (2.8 KB, 183 views)
ctaggart is offline   Reply With Quote