View Single Post
Old 03-25-11, 08:34 AM   #53
sammy sung

Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpistol View Post
Because if one reviewer says it, it has to be true.

I'm just having a hard time swallowing that something that is "slower" could be considered the better product. By that measure, the HD 5870 was a "better product" (ran cooler, was quieter, used less power, support for 3/6 monitors on one card, etc.) than the GTX 480, but no one on these forums agreed with me on that. Everybody sang praises of the GTX 480's immense power, and ironically, higher price tag.

Sorry if I sound a bit cynical here, but seriously, you guys need to figure out what your criteria is for "better." It's an nvidia product, so obviously, we're going to like it IF it's a good product. However, @ $700, call me skeptical on weather this is actually worth the money or not.
In all honesty Madpistol, what do you expect ? This is a nvidia fan forum so naturally a lot of people will have greentinted glasses on. I find it odd that you somehow are surprised by this, you've been here long enough now so you should know this by now. I like some of the features with the 590, to me less noise is positive and if i had a 1080P panel it would have been an interesting card for me, the 6990 pretty much spanks it at resolutions above 1080p but they're more or less equal at less. I have no plans of buying either though but then again the absolute fastest doesn't matter to me hence the 470 i use at the moment. No game i play runs bad enough to warrant an upgrade but if it did i'd buy the 580 instead.