View Single Post
Old 03-26-11, 03:02 PM   #65
Rollo

Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRen72 View Post
I just ordered an EVGA GTX 590 to replace my 4870X2 which is now over 3 years old. I've waited for a card "worthy" to replace my 4870X2 and while I've been tempted to get a replacement card sooner, this one is the one that did it for me.

I've read every review I could find regarding the 6990 and the 590 and ultimately went with the nVidia, but it was not a simple decision. One advantage the 6990 has is the MLAA in the drivers. However, I've read that nVidia will offer a competative solution in a future driver update. Knowing this, plus having Physx, a quieter card and one that will play basically everything maxed out at 1920x1200 was what secured the choice for me.
You'll enjoy the 590, it's a very powerful and user friendly card. Love mine, I water cool cpus and have a HAF 932 case so any heat exhausted in the case is irrelevant.

Bought a 990x/Rampage iii/H70 kit I'll be putting it on next week after I finish the project I've been working on lately. Been using the H50 to cool an i7 860 @ 3.3GHz on a Maximus iii with no issues.

The Corsair enclosed loop coolers pull in air from outside the case and exhaust it into the updraft to the huge fan/screen grill on top of the HAF, so the GPU area of the case is largely unaffected.

The 590 is performing like my GTX480 SLi was, so plenty of power, none of the noise, all the features. The 590 is a just the most useable, well rounded card on the market.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote