View Single Post
Old 03-27-11, 12:30 PM   #15
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Default Re: CRYSIS 2 DX11 PATCH TOMORROW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
The simple fact is that if Crysis 2 sold 50 million copies on the PC, the 5 million who pirated it, Crytek would even give a crap about.

The console version was on the torrent sites and was leaked even before the PC version. You simple cannot put an argument up that more people pirate on the PC than the console, both pirate, end of story. The difference is, that developers turn a blind eye to console piracy because they get more sales.

Also, people will buy the game if they plan on playing MP because most games don't even let you play MP without a valid key.
I agree. Piracy is an excuse from devs, BUT they use it to justify that migration at some point in time. Encouraging piracy is just lame and inmature, whoever decides to do it.

Like the vast majority of you, I have all my software legal. If there's something I don't like from reviews or a demo or whatever the method to test that is... I don't buy it. End of the story.

And about MP, yeah... although I can't really make an opinion in that front, as I rarely do MP, except for Half-Life 2 and not now as I don't have a gaming-able PC right now.

But I agree... and hey, that's a good thing. One copy, one network key. Sounds fair enough
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote