View Single Post
Old 03-27-11, 12:04 PM   #26
Logical

Default Re: CRYSIS 2 DX11 PATCH TOMORROW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
Yes, I'm going to buy it in the next... 6 months timeframe. So what? For me it's a good game or, to be more precise, looks like a good game. Not like Crysis 1 (but hey, it's MY opinion).

Like grey_1 and other people, I'm not going to pay $60 for a game. I'll get it when it's less pricey. But that doesn't make me going like 'they deserve for the game to be pirated' and crap like that...

If you don't like something, don't buy it or don't play it, but why talking about piracy? It's not only very incorrect, politically speaking, but also the perfect excuse developers are looking for to migrate to the console world or just deliver games with poor content or just not delivering the full experience for a given game (like, for example, the absence of many DLCs from AAA titles like Dead Space 2 or Bioshock 2 or many others, just to name a few).

So, like I said, yeah... keep up the good work
Your totally missing my point...Devs will blame PC piracy for poor sales and then use that excuse to release a crappy cut down game the next time round, thus each time the PC gets a release that less and less time is being spent on it to make it a quality PC game.

This has been going on for years now and people are forgetting the real reason that the game isn't being sold that well....and thats cos it sucks. (not just crysis 2 but other sloppy ports too). Now just say for instance that piracy didn't exsist! Would more people buy a poor game because they couldn't get it for free illegaly ? I don't think so...I personally think they wouldn't bother at all.

But nowadays DEVS can release a piss poor game, get bad sales and then turn around and say "hmmm this hasn't done as well as expected on the PC platform, but we can't go out in public and put our hands up and say hey this is a bad game on PC as we couldn't be arsed putting as much effort into it as the console versions, meh just blame it on piracy".
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote