View Single Post
Old 04-04-11, 03:22 AM   #9
Muppet

Default Re: Running into major problems on my first attempt at SLI

Quote:
Originally Posted by keLston View Post
Yea I am. It came shipped with it I guess since it's a B3.

So the only theory i've come up with is the slots i'm using. I'm wondering if it matters what slots you use? I've never done SLI before.

My mobo has 4 PCI-X slots (all x16).

Initially, I used slots 2 and 4. I tried slot 2 and 3. Unfortunately, because of my heatsink, I am unable to use the first PCI-X slot. This is where my theory stems from. Does this matter?

For some reason, Noctua's website decided not to mention that their heatsink prevents your use of the first pci-x socket and no review of the heatsink anywhere mentions this possibility.
That maybe the issue. I know it's a hassle. But are you able to run the stock heatsink and retry the games again. At least then it would rule this out one way or another. But this maybe your problem I feel.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote