View Single Post
Old 04-07-11, 01:54 PM   #1
reein

Default Overscan and HDMI audio questions

I am extremely new to linux but I wanted to build my HTPC using it since it was way more cost efficient then buying Windows 7 for it. I currently have a Geforce GT 430 video card and it is running Ubuntu 10.10. I am using in my HTPC that I have hooked up using HDMI.

I figured out where the slider for changing the overscan was located and have set it to the position that I like so that I can see all of my desktop on my HD TV. What happens now is when the computer gets restarted the overscan is back to its default setting untill I open the Nvidia X Config program and then the costume overscan setting that I set just changes back. I was hoping that their was a way for it to remember my setting without having to start the Nvidia X Config to get my setting back the way I set it.

My second problem is that I do not have audio going out the the Geforce GT 430 using HDMI. I have tried to read and understand the stick on Linux HDMI Audio but am having difficulty with it since my knowledge of Linux is very limited. I have also looked on the internet and found some information about having to black list some files in modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and I tried that with a restart and that did not help either. In the HDMI audio guide it said to try and upgrade my Alsa and I ran the the Ubuntu steps for that since that is the destro I am using but nothing has worked so far.

If you can tell me what information you need to help with my problems I will gladly try to get it for you to try and get these issues resolved. Thanks to anybody that can try to answer these questions.
reein is offline   Reply With Quote