Thread: Rift
View Single Post
Old 04-13-11, 08:34 AM   #81
Yaboze

Default Re: Rift

I started off with a gallop but slowed down considerably a few weeks ago. It has nothing to do with the game, I think it's pretty good.

I logged in to find out my account was hacked when all that stuff went down a few weeks ago. I guess their servers weren't secure enough and hackers targeted their authentication servers. Anyway, my main character was stripped. I logged in and my character was in his underwear, bags emptied and no cash. I was pissed and was really busy with RL, so I logged off in disgust. Trion was backlogged with requests to restore characters so I bagged it, but not before taking my CC out of my account profile and changing my PW.

Fast forward to this past weekend, I got the itch again and called Trion. They restored my character in a few hours and I'm good to go. I have to say their tech support person was really great, but you normally have to request this in game. I explained I wasn't going to resub and then wait for them to do it. He put in a request for me and it was fairly quick.

Just a FYI, I have been gaming for decades and playing MMO's since Ultima Online and EQ. I have never had any of my accounts hacked due to my own stupidity, malicious websites, keyloggers or the biggest offender of them all, sharing it with a "friend". To have my account hacked in 2011 after all this time was very surprising to me, since I am very careful with security and where I go on the web.

Anyway, I've been enjoying the game again.
Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote