View Single Post
Old 04-17-11, 12:13 AM   #7
Redeemed

Default Re: I am a tech support guy's worst nightmare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
I personally haven't talked to geek squad employee that actually know what they are doing at least in this area. Coworkers, friends etc.. that deal with geek squad because they bought something at "worst buy" because they had the extended warranty. often after getting their machine back from geek squad call me fix something.

OEM tech support be it dell, kodak, hp etc.. tier 1 is useless. tier 1 knows nothing, they just read a script and depending on the answer follow diffrent flow of questions. usually there is also atleast tier 2 sometimes tier 3. with OEM tier 2 usually is hard to get to.

i recently had to contact motorola, because there is a problem with motorola driver, when driver is installed, autorun for media is disabled. something only a driver development team can fix. what got on my nerves is tier 1 had me answer dozens of stupid questions, after some 30-40 minutes finally i was transfered to tier 2, that didn't pick up.
You're point? So if you came into my store, you'd naturally talk down to me like I'm some ignorant loon reading from a script as well?

I'm gathering my store is an anomoly for this company, cause many of my coworkers are highly intelligent people, I'd wager every bit as competent as any of us here on these boards. Then again my store, even though it is a smaller one, is usually leading in numbers across the board from sales to customer satisfaction. And sadly, not many stores offer us much competition so I'm counting my self as fortunate.

But I've heard people say the same crap you're saying over and over... just gets old and annoying as hell that people take an experience from one store and suddenly assume the entire company is that way, or that every body in GeekSquad is ignorant regarding computers and has no business servicing them.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote