View Single Post
Old 04-18-11, 05:32 AM   #28
Bowen

Default Re: Battlefield 3 System Requirements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
I hope they do push PC hardware properly. It would be a nice change.

As for the article in the OP, the author must be kind of young or new to PC gaming. I remember when there were 64MB TNT2's and Geforce 2 MX's that everyone bought thinking they'd be super fast because they were "64MB!!". Advertising the **** out of a big amount of VRAM on low end cards has been around for at least 10 years.
I remember the first Geforce, which was GeForce 256. I actually had the 2nd gen 3D card. I had a Voodoo 3D 8MB! I remember when my friend first got the very first Voodoo card. The Voodoo 3D 2MB card. He was playing Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. My friend started playing it after he installed the card and we were all underwhelmed. Then we looked in the settings and the 3D acceleration was off. He turned it on and our jaws dropped. It looked amazing!!! I just can't believe we've come so far!

Heck, I remember playing Wolfenstein 3D! I amazed all my friends with that game...and then came Doom. Doom is the one that really seemed catch everyone's attention!
CM HAF 922 Case / MSI Z77A-G45 / Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.8GHz / 16GB (4x4GB) G.SKILL PC3 12800 DDR3 RAM / eVGA GeForce GTX 670 SC / Seagate 500GB SATA / WD 1TB SATA / Optiarc AD-7240S Burner / Corsair HX850 PSU / Windows 7 HP x64
Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote