View Single Post
Old 04-19-11, 07:34 AM   #206
Rollo

Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post

In short, both these cards overstep the reasonable limits even for hardware enthusiasts in terms of power use, thermals and noise, and i wouldn't even think of buying either one without imediately going the water cooling route, since that at least solves 2 or the 3 problems, even though i have to spend a fair amount more money extra and more work setting that up as well.....
The GTX590 does not overstep any reasonable limits for noise, were I to guess it is likely the quietest dual GPU card ever produced. It's also quieter than several single gpu solutions.

The 6990 is either the loudest video card ever produced, or a close second behind the infamous FX5800 Ultra.

The power use and thermals of the GTX590 are acceptable to me, as are the power use and thermals on the 6990.

Water cooling is definitely not needed for a stock clocked 590.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote