View Single Post
Old 04-24-11, 10:29 AM   #262
Rollo

Default Re: GeForce GTX 590 Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I used watercooling for many years and many SLI generations. I simply don't like it. And I mean real watercooling and not that H50/H70 stuff.
By the looks of it, I might have to use watercooling again if things don't change with future generations. We'll see. I'd like to avoid that though...
My next case will be a TJ11. It uses a similar layout as the Ravens but also higher quality materials. I guess I'll get it for SNB-E. Not in the mood for a case swap

About the 3GB. I don't want to get into this again. But fact is that choosing a 3GB 580 over a 1.5GB 580 makes no sense unless you're using any kind of Surround setup. And for that SLI is needed. So in my opinion, Palit ****ed up with their cooling choice.
I mentioned the H70 because you said you were concerned about the Palits heating the air you use to cool the Palit's.

I like the H50 and H70 because they allow a decent OC, are cheap, and don't have the maintenance of traditional water cooling.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote