View Single Post
Old 04-25-11, 06:46 PM   #1
jasonwomack

Default Lenovo W520 > NVIDIA 2000M > External Monitor = Problems

Update: Thought it might be helpful to provide the Xorg.0.log for when I attempt to use the notebook with the external display. As well I've attached the output of nvidia-bug-report and my current xorg.conf.

I have a Lenovo W520 running SLED 11 SP1. It's working fine with the notebook display using the Discrete Only BIOS setting and the newly release NVIDIA driver for the chip.

Fine that is until I attempt to use the external display attached to the docking station I have for the W520. The external display (a DELL U2410f, with a native resolution of 1920x1200) just isn't found by the NVIDIA driver.

Oddly enough the video chip device entry in the xorg,conf, when it is using the NVIDIA driver refers to VESA as the vendor and "Framebuffer Graphics" for the BoardName. Where as my HP 8510W which also has an NVIDIA chip (FX580) refers to these as 'NVidia' and 'Quadro FX 570M'. My xorg.conf is the result of having run nvidia-xconfig after installing the driver. So I'm not sure how to get the 2000M to detect the external display.

Thank you in advance for any help/suggestions.
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (64.6 KB, 89 views)
File Type: log Xorg.0.log (12.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: txt xorg.conf.txt (1.8 KB, 168 views)
jasonwomack is offline   Reply With Quote