View Single Post
Old 04-27-11, 03:36 PM   #55
Bah!

Default Re: Whats up with PSN?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knghtwhosaysni View Post
I'd say people definitely have a a reason to be mad at sony for being so careless about the security of their user's data
Who says they were careless? Do you even know how the hackers got to the information?

If they were careless they will get nailed. Unfortunately, even the best security measures can get breached if people are motivated enough to breach it. The same exact thing would happen to Microsoft or your bank tomorrow if these same hackers wanted it to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Yawn, QQ sony fanboy.
Translation:

You're right, you nailed me. I'm clueless on this topic and now that you've shown that I will resort to meme's instead of admitting that I was wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Everything he said is true. We could argue the merits of the way Sony handled the situation with GeoHotz but the fact is his actions compromised the security of the Sony network and its users. Not to mention it could have opened up the system to massive amounts of piracy. Either way the fact PSN was attacked and is still down tells you all you need to know about the people who support him.
Exactly. People can pretend all they want that this Geohotz clown had nothing but good intentions, but the facts say otherwise. And the people supporting him are even worse. Justifying a criminal act because Sony treated some hacker twat badly...poor baby.

The funny (or sad) part is, Sony is only going to get worse because of this, not better. All these "damn the man" morons think Sony was bad up to this point? You have no clue how bad they are going to get, and the people who did this better hope to hell they are tucked away somewhere that Sony can't get to them. Unlike the Geohotz case, these people not only commited a crime against Sony, but against their 70+ million users as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
this is no different then people "rooting" or "jailbreaking" their phones. And Sony did screw it up.
It's not even close to the same thing. Everything that has happened to the PS3 over this past year is a direct result of the information he leaked.

And if even if he did was the same, what these people did is clearly not.

And for the last time, who cares how Sony handled it? If someone is being a jerk does that give someone else to right commit a crime against them? Anyone blaming Sony seems to think that it does.

Finally, for anyone who thinks the PSN had to have poor security to get hacked, open your browser, go to Google, and type in " " hacked. Replace the quotes with whatever you want and tell me again how this is all Sony's fault and how dedicated hackers couldn't do this to anyone.

You can start with words like Pentagon, Microsoft, Apple, Wal-Mart, Amazon, or just about any bank name.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote