View Single Post
Old 04-28-11, 02:59 AM   #40
Pennyboy

Default Re: Battlefield 3 System Requirements...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowen View Post
Yeah, an SSD would definitely speed up load times, but if you need to save money, it'd be fine without it. The gameplay would be exactly the same as a normal HD.....just saying. That said, if I had the money, I'd buy an SSD too! Someday, but not today.

I'd love to put one on a CC, but I screwed up with credit cards! My wife won't allow up to have any CC, save a debit Visa card. I'll have to do things the old fashioned way....sigh. SOK, now days I keep a system 4 or 5 years and every two years or so I upgrade the video card....keeps it fresh. Back when we had more money, I'd upgrade every year, but honestly, I'm glad I don't do that anymore. I'd never see any difference in performance from one upgrade to the next.....now I'll see a difference......makes the upgrade that much more sweeter!
Thats true, its just load times but its awesome having a system that starts so quickly and load apps super fast etc but yeah I am not going to pay $900 odd for a 240gb drive. I am happy to wait a year or two and hope by then they drop in price. Bummer about not having the credit card option but I understand, Credit cards are not for everyone. I can see how people get themselves into trouble with them (not implying you did BTW). Yeah I am the same as you I upgrade every few years now, I can't afford to do it every year. I was running an E8400, 680i, GTX 280 based system before I upgraded to my 2600k with 580GTX.
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 x2 SLI
Corsair H100i Hydro Water Cooler
Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB
Corsair AX1200i PSU
Intel 520 480GB SATA3 SSD
Western Digital 2TB Caviar Black Edition
Corsair Obsidian 900D Case
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCIe
Logitech Z-680 5.1 Speakers
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G500s Mouse
ASUS VG236H 23.6" 120hz LCD with nVidia 3D Vision