View Single Post
Old 04-29-11, 06:52 AM   #15
Rollo

Default Re: EVGA 570 WORST CARD EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Really? Because I have gotten 3 dead motherboards in a row from asus a while ago.
Did you get someone else to put in the 4th one and that worked fine?

Or was it just "Willkers! I read some guy online overvolted the CPU and RAM 30% to get a big OC, so I tried motherboards till I found one that worked like that!"?

I've cycled through more hardware than most people ever will. I've never gotten a defective part of any type.

On the other hand I don't usually OC anything, and when I do, it 's always very small, stock volt OCs.

I used to work in a box shop, we didn't see many actually defective parts out of the box, we never saw two.

So when I see a post like this I think "this guy had a problem he didn't realize with something shorting out" or that you're one of the "voltage specs are only there for people who aren't true computer engineers like me" crowd.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote