Join Date: Feb 2005
Re: 96.43.19 and XOrg 1.10.1
Frankly, I've already given up. I'm planning to overhaul my Media Center PC soon, and the old Linux box can have the old MCPC's mobo, video card, CPU and RAM. It's a shame tho, the box is still usable as ever even though the CPU and GPU is a bit on the slouchy side (Athlon XP 1800+ and GeForce4 440MX 8X respectively). Sure, I have a new Linux box, but the idea was to use this new one heavily for virtualization experiments, and the other one for development tasks.
The one thing I hate about the above plan is that I have to reinstall everything- It requires a new HDD since the current machine runs off rather ancient ATA-IDE hard disks and the MCPC mobo uses SATA instead, and that I need to change distro to x86_64 from x86, so using Clonezilla is a no-go.
And oh, I hope the video card works with the 270.26 drivers. It has trouble working with drivers newer than 197.45 in Windows, hence the decision to overhaul. Card is a Biostar GeForce G210.
- "Edison" - Phenom II X4 925 AM3 (Deneb), M4N98TD-EVO (nForce980a SLI), ENGTS450 DirectCU 1GB (GeForce GTS450) x2 (SLI), integrated GeForce8200, SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, 8GB DDR3-1600
- "Sally" - Athlon64 x2 5000+ AM2 (Brisbane), M4N72-E (nForce750a SLI), ENGTS250 Dark Knight 1GB (GeForce GTS250) x2 (SLI), integrated GeForce8200, SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, 4GB DDR2-1066
- "Dongwa" - Phenom II X4 945 AM3 (Deneb), M4N75TD (nForce750a SLI), ENGTX260-216SP 896MB (GeForce GTX260 216SP) x2 (SLI), integrated GeForce8200, SoundBlaster X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion, 8GB DDR3-1600
- "Helen" - Athlon64 x2 6400+ AM2 (Windsor), M4N78 Pro (GeForce8300), ENGT520 1GB (GeForce GT520), integrated GeForce8300, AuzenTech Prelude X-Fi, 4GB DDR2-1066.
- "Clementine" - Athlon64 x2 3800+ AM2 (Windsor), TF560A2+ (nForce560), V8402GL26 (GeForce 8400GS), SoundBlaster Live! 5.1, Sonnet Allegro FW400 PCIe, 2GB DDR2-800