View Single Post
Old 05-13-11, 10:49 AM   #7
nlamarra

Default Re: gdm blank screen for 270 under Ubuntu Natty

Quote:
Originally Posted by danix View Post
The bug report is from Maverick, so it won't contain any information captured from the actual problem configuration. Could somebody post an nvidia-bug-report from Natty?
Ok, I'm back to natty and have progressed somewhat. The trick to getting video seemed to be adding the BusID to xorg.conf, but then I lost it when i started to debug the HDMI output. Eventually, I got video from the HDMI but now I can't get it back on the laptop display.

Moving on to the HDMI audio -- I have not been able to activate this in Linux. All works fine in Windows (as do both laptop and HDMI display), and Windows sound configuration shows 2 devices: Realtek audio and NVidia HDMI audio -- selecting the latter provides sound from the HDMI.

However, in Linux, I don't see any such NVidia HDMI device or any audio card other than card#0, which is Intel HDA. I had a similar problem with my desktop under Maverick, but this was fixed by discovering that card1 device 3 was the NVidia (hw=1,3). In this laptop, I don't see any such NVidia device in /proc/asound or via aplay -L.

Thanks, Norm
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (66.6 KB, 54 views)
nlamarra is offline   Reply With Quote