View Single Post
Old 05-22-11, 12:24 PM   #96
ArrowMk84

Default Re: Official Witcher 2 - The Assassins of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Oblivion is storyless, boring world, G rated game. If you actually like story, like to have a reason to do quest, and feel that G rated games are not for you, then you will like the Witcher.
Oblivion and Witcher are at two different ends of the western RPG spectrum. Yeah, Oblivion doesn't have much story, but it's free-form and heavily modable world where you can do pretty much what you want with a character of your own creation (which is why I've got over three hundred hours in that game).

Witcher and Witcher 2 are a lot more story focused, centered on one character with a defined skill set; it's world is more restricted and you're not modding it. That doesn't mean it isn't a lot of fun (especially since the story is kicking ass so far), but it's not going to appeal to a player that only likes Oblivion style RPGs. Personally, I like both styles (but I can't stand Japanese RPGs).
Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6GHz | Asus Maximus IV Extreme | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHz 9-10-9-27 | Dual EVGA GeForce GTX 580 3GB | Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro PCI-E | Intel 510 Series SSD 120 GB | 2x Raptor 600 GB RAID | 2TB WD Black | Lite-On 21x Blu-ray Burner | Corsair AX1200 Modular PSU | Silverstone FT02 | Corsair H60 with Dual Fans | Dell 3007-HC 30" LCD | Audioengine 5 & S8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
ArrowMk84 is offline   Reply With Quote