View Single Post
Old 06-01-11, 03:54 PM   #2
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w
Default Re: Got my wife an iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
And I'm extremely jealous. I didn't realize how awesome this phone was until I got to set it up for her earlier this afternoon and got to mess around with it. I know that most of you guys hate Apple and the iPhone, but I honestly think it's a darn awesome phone. Hardware is solid and comfortable. The software runs incredibly fast and smooth no matter what you are doing.

I know, I know . . . "No widgets, no customization, no real multi-tasking . . . " But honestly, after having an OG Droid 1 for over a year, rooting it and constantly trying to get it to run it's best, I'm getting real sick and tired of having to mess with it. I'd almost rather have a phone that I can set and forget.

My upgrade date is in December (I let my wife have mine today) so you can bet that I'll be eyeing the iPhone 4, maybe even the iPhone 5 if it's out by then.
I sold my Droid X and bought my wife an iPhone 4 a couple of months ago myself. For the first few weeks I really enjoyed it, but I've soured on the platform since. There are so many things about iOS that it gets right, but the things it gets wrong it gets really wrong.

I hate the notification system, to change any setting on the phone seems to take going through too many menus, like turning on wifi and picking a network when Android just notifies you in the notification bar.

I also don't like not having an app drawer and how it defaults to annoying the piss out of you whenever you're near a wifi network.

Amazing hardware however, but I don't like the feel in my hand. I think the last iteration was significantly more comfortable to hold.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote