View Single Post
Old 12-09-03, 08:52 AM   #7
SnapIT

Unfortunantly this is the way the computer world works today...

Nobody is aiming for stability, stability isn't important, if you can get a few extra fps at the cost of stability it will be done...

What most people do not really realize is that there are no stable Nvidia drivers for linux, they are all in the development branch, some functions exist in linux drivers before the windows drivers...

Face it, you are all a bunch of beta testers, for free, or even worse, you are paying for it...

The only reason for Nvidia to shape up would be if the voice of the users would be strong enough, sadly, most users are making excuses for Nvidia when they SHOULD be demanding better support "it's better than others" or "be happy that you can get the video card you payed for working, be grateful for that, Nvidia ROCKS"

To me, as a developer, you users are a strange bunch, if it's open, do not complain, you submit your bug reports and we'll fix it as soon as we can, don't like it? Fix it yourself...

The open community is growing BECAUSE of the educated users, the closed community will eventually have to accept that one million programmers are better than 10... or in the case of the Nvidia drivers, one guy making a beta port...

There is order in the chaos, do not demand better drivers, demand open drivers, i swear i will do my very best to make them as good and stable as they can become, so will one million others...
SnapIT is offline   Reply With Quote