View Single Post
Old 06-03-11, 01:16 AM   #191
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Default Re: Official Witcher 2 - The Assassins of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1 View Post
Yep. The thing I'm noticing in this as opposed to the first is there seems to be a pause after every single move before you can do anything, like Geralt is frozen for a split second and it allows bad guys to get plenty of hits in.

I seem the remember his actions being much, much more responsive in the first one.
It seems that way because the game is expecting you to time your mouse clicks. If you don't time them correctly (usually right after Geralt finishes a sword swing is a good time to click, doesn't seem to matter whether its a strong attack or weak attack), Geralt stumbles or otherwise doesn't attack and that leaves you open to enemy attacks. Also anything interrupting your flow, i.e. getting hit in the middle of a combo, will leave you open to an attack. Being parried initially seems like it does the same thing, but so long as you resume your attacks quickly after the parried attack Geralt resumes the combo from where it left off.

Also I've used parry a grand total of one time on this playthrough. Because its tied to vigor and the build I'm going with is kinda strong in magic(more on that later), I just roll dodge. Its usually a lot more responsive than parrying, and it doesn't root you either.

The build I'm using is going to be heliotrope sign/combat acumen with enough points in alchemy for 2/2 Impregnation. Basically it will be set up so that I build up lots of adrenaline through beefed up quen and sword attacks, and take advantage of the improved reaction time that heliotrope gives me and (periodically) one shot a whole group of enemies with group finishers. 2/2 Impregnation will be for the enhanced mutagens. Trying to farm madness mutagens(they give armor, vit, AND damage), but they are crazy rare. If I don't get enough of those I'll just through in a bunch of Greater Power Mutagens for max damage.
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote